Universidad Metropolitana's mission is to provide students with an environment of academic freedom and intellectual challenge that allows them to develop the mental flexibility, intellectual curiosity, linguistic abilities, and professional skills necessary for personal fulfillment and a productive lifestyle that contributes to the society in which they live.
In harmony with the School of Scienceâ€™s institutional mission:
- To offer basic courses in sciences and mathematics to students enrolled in all academic programs.
- To offer specialized courses to students majoring in nursing and education.
- To provide students with the necessary knowledge and skills to compete for jobs or to pursue graduate work.
- To provide students with the necessary resources for scientific research through various institutional programs and collaborations with other institutions and participating laboratories.
- To upgrade undergraduate science teaching and research through a specially designed curriculum.
- To serve as a forum for the discussion of up-to-date scientific topics, by holding symposia, lectures and workshops open to the Puerto Rican community.