General eligibility requirements for financial aid:
- Demonstrate financial need (for most programs);
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible noncitizen;
- Have a valid Social Security number (with the exception of students from the Republic of the Marshall Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, or the Republic of Palau);
- Be registered with Selective Service, if you’re a male (you must register between the ages of 18 and 25);
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student in an eligible degree or certificate program;
- Be enrolled at least half-time to be eligible for Direct Loan Program funds;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress at the registered Institution;
- You are not in default on a federal student loan and do not owe money on a federal student grant, and
- You will use federal student aid only for educational purposes; and
- Show you’re qualified to obtain a college or career school education by
- Having a high school diploma or a recognized equivalent such as a General Educational Development (GED) certificate or
- Completing a high school education in a homeschool setting approved under state law.
For information about these criteria, talk to the Financial Aid.
Most male students must be registered with Selective Service to receive federal student aid. You also must register if you are a male and are not currently on active duty in the U.S. armed forces. If you are a citizen of the Federated States of Micronesia, the Republic of the Marshall Islands or the Republic of Palau, you are exempt from registering. You can call Selective Service toll-free at 1-888-655-1825 for general information about registering, or register online at www.sss.gov or via the FAFSA.
See the Packaging Philosophy offered by the Universidad del Turabo to students with financial need.
Procedure for applyi for Financial Aid
How to apply for financial aid programs ?
All you have to do is complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( known as FAFSA). You can fill out the application electronically from your computer , iPad or iPhone. Accessing the following address : https://fafsa.ed.gov/ . You can also visit our FAFSA Center, located in the Integrated Student Services Center . The Financial Aid Office is at your service to clarify any concerns or questions you have about applying for financial aid.
Ir a versión en Español