Emblema de la Universidad del Turabo Financial Aid


For each aid program, the student is eligible if it meets the following requirements:

  • Demonstrate financial need.
  • Have a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Test (GED).
  • Be enrolled in an academic program leading, seeking a degree or certificate.
  • Be a US citizen or eligible noncitizen to participate in federal financial aid programs for students.
  • Have a valid Social Security.
  • Maintain satisfactory academic progress according to standards established by the Institution.
  • Meet the Register with Selective Service if male born on or after January 1, 1960.
  • Certification for educational purposes. The student must certify that federal aid used only for educational purposes and that is not in default on any federal student loan, nor should any overpayment on a federal grant.
  • Not have been convicted, under federal or state law, by sale or possession of illegal drugs.
  • Do not be incarcerated in a federal or state penal institution.
  • Be enrolled at least half-time, except for "Federal Pell Grants" that can be enrolled at least half time.
  • Not having received a bachelor's degree to be eligible for Pell and FSEOG.
  • Provide any documents and information requested by the Financial Aid Office.

To comply with the criterion of citizenship or eligible noncitizen, you must be:

  • American citizen
  • Citizen with permanent residence
  • The head of the I-94 issued by the Department of Homeland Security, with one of the following designations:
    • Refugee
    • When asylum is granted
    • Parolee-license for a minimum of one year
    • Victim of trafficking
    • Cuban-Haitian Entrant
    • Visa holder (T1. T2, T3, etc.)

In addition to the eligibility criteria described on this page, each program may have additional requirements such as the Expected Family Contribution (EFC), financial need, etc. Please check each program for specific information about eligibility for prospective, new students and active students.

See the Packaging Philosophy offered by the Universidad del Turabo to students with financial need.

Procedure for applying for Financial Aid
How to apply for financial aid programs ?
All you have to do is complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid ( known as FAFSA). You can fill out the application electronically from your computer , iPad or iPhone. Accessing the following address: www.fafsa.ed.gov . You can also visit our FAFSA Center, located in the Integrated Student Services Center . The Financial Aid Office is at your service to clarify any concerns or questions you have about applying for financial aid.

Ir a versión en Español

Copyright 2015©Universidad del Turabo

Misrepresentation Disclosure: AGMUS best policies and practices are developed to avoid any misrepresentation regarding the nature of its educational programs,
its financial charges, or the employability of its graduates. AGMUS, at its best of knowledge, truthfully discloses student information,
and policies and procedures under its “Student Right to Know” Financial Aid section published in its websites.