Bioremediation Projects Financed By Best
- Synthesis and characterization of chelate compounds for the bioremediation of heavy metals using bacterium and fungi.
- Role of fungi the bio-degradation of organic compounds.
- Role of bacterium in the bio-degradation of organic compounds.
Application Of Zeolites Financed By Amp, Mie And Waters
- Study of the Dynamic of Ionic Exchange in Zeolites.
- Construction of Ionic-exchange and Adsorption Modular Reactors.
- Zeolite Synthesis for the Development of Catalysts and Biomaterials.
Methodological Research Financed By The Federal And State Departments
- Improvement of Science teaching through curriculum revision and undergraduate research.
- Pre-Sciences Program
- Use of Technology in Science Teaching
Future Research Plans
In the School of Science and Technology at Turabo University, it is possible to develop a competitive undergraduate and graduate research process in Chemistry and Biology, employing as a driving force the solution of environmental problems through the application of chemical and biological proceses.
Some Possible Future Research Projects
- Electrochemical Reduction or Oxidation of Pollutants.
- Development of adsorbents with the help of the modification of the outer surface of different materials.
- Use of ionic exchangers for the development of processes for heavy metal and radioactive contamination elimination from wastewater
- Geological survey of natural zeolites in Puerto Rico
- Development of microporous membranes
- Zeolite sÃntesis
- Catalysts preparation
- Development of materials testing methods
- The above exposed research plan will be useful in the increment of the collaboration with the Cayey and Humacao Colleges.
- It is also possible to promote the creation of research cluster with the MayagÃ¼ez, Rio Piedras and Medical Science campuses of the University of Puerto Rico.
- We will develop also the collaboration with Universities and Research Centers abroad Puerto Rico.
- It will also necessary to collaborate with industry.